Steps on How to Open a New Facebook Account (2022)
Have you considered registering for a Facebook account? Maybe you haven’t made up your mind to sign up for this social network, but you’re interested. Or perhaps you want to set up a Facebook Business page? Or perhaps you currently utilize it frequently but are interested in learning how to further personalize your account and enhance your privacy settings.
A variety of options are available to users of Facebook, now called Meta. We’ll walk you through every step of setting up your Facebook account in this guide so you can make the most of it.
The first step to being able to generate Facebook Ads and market your company is to register a Facebook account, so let’s get started!
Read also: How to enable two steps verification on whatsApp
How to use WhatsApp on your desktop or Laptop
Steps on How to Open a New Facebook Account:
Using your computer
- visit facebook.com.
- Your name, email address, mobile number, password, birthdate, and gender must be entered. Try adding more characters or mixing upper- and lowercase letters if the system says your password isn’t secure enough.
- To create an account, click (remember you must be at least 14 years old to do this).
- Finally, you must verify the email address or mobile number you already submitted. Click or tap the link in the confirmation email you receive to confirm the email. You must input the code you received by SMS in the Confirm box that will show up when you log in to confirm the cell phone number.
Using your smartphone
- Installing the Facebook program on your smartphone is the first step in creating a Facebook account. To do this, locate and download the Facebook app from the respective app store (App Store for iPhones and Google Play for Android phones).
- Download Facebook Lite, a scaled-down version of the Facebook application, if your mobile device is running low on capacity. The installation process is much quicker, but the fundamental features of the standard application are still present.
- Open the application after downloading and installing it. The home screen displays and click Create Facebook Account.
- Then go to next
- Input your first and last name
- Input your date of birth
- Input your gender
- To verify, enter your mobile number.
- Select a password
- Lastly, select Register. The system will prompt you to change it if there is a problem with your password.
That’s all, then! The program will sign in automatically. You can instruct the application to remember your password so that you won’t need to write down your information every time you log in.
How To Get More Out Of Your Facebook Account
You’ve already created your own Facebook account if you followed the following instructions. Welcome! Let’s learn how to use this social network and profit from the various features it provides.
Customize your Facebook profile
Your Facebook profile acts as a way for other users to find you, much like an online letter of introduction. Because of this, the next step after creating your account is to personalize it.
Change your profile and cover photos first since they are the elements that are most visible.
- As the name implies, your profile photo is a circular image that acts as a representation of who you are. Remember that it will show up every time you post or remark on Facebook. Although using a portrait is common, it is not required. You are free to link yourself with any image you like. The image must be at least 180 pixels long to be viewed in high quality.
- Contrarily, the rectangular cover photo is only seen when other users enter your wall directly or, on desktop only, hover over your profile name. Because of its size, it’s perfect for pictures of your favorite scenery, an illustration, or yourself engaged in a pastime. It must have a minimum width of 720 pixels.
- Update your biographical information after you have your profile and cover photographs. You can fill up the fields that most interest you by clicking Update Information. For instance, the locations of your employment and education, your residences, significant occasions, etc.
- The Introduction portion is the last section, located at the left corner (below the pictures). You can enter a very brief description of yourself here (up to 101 characters).
Thanks for reading…
Please share this story