MTN Scholarship Scheme For Nigerians
Are you a citizen of Nigeria in search of funding to participate in a degree program offered in your home country?If that’s the case, you really need to read this.
As a component of our Youth Development Cause, MTN Scholarships offers an annual platform for honoring and honoring committed, excelling students from all Nigerian Public Tertiary Institutions.
Because our exceptional students have such a wide range of educational goals and interests, we have devised three distinct types of financial aid.
READ ALSO: 10 Best Companies to Work in UK 2023
Download the app now to prepare for the May/June 2023 WAEC exams in both objective and theoretical subjects.
Individuals who are qualified and who have demonstrated a need for financial assistance in order to pursue a degree in Nigeria may be eligible for financial assistance through the MTN Scholarship Scheme For Nigerians.
This award comprises two separate scholarship programs: the MTN Science and Technology award Scheme (MTN STSS) and the MTN Scholarship Scheme for Nigerians Blind Students (MTN SSBS).
DEADLINE: June 18, 2023, is the application’s deadline.
Benefit from a scholarship of N200,000 every year until graduation
INSTITUTION OF STUDIES
- Students at the 300 level enrolled in science and technology-related courses at Nigerian public tertiary institutions (universities, polytechnics, and colleges of education) are eligible for the MTN Science and Technology Scholarship (STS).
- MTN Scholarship for Blind Students (SBS) is available to blind students enrolled in any programme at the 200 and 300 level in Nigerian public tertiary institutions (colleges of education, universities, and polytechnics).
READ ALSO: Coolidge Scholarship
COURSE OF STUDY
- Scholarship for Science and Technology from MTN:
- The application is open to students who have completed their 200-level second-semester exams and will be advancing to the 300-level as well as students who are presently enrolled in the 300-level because the academic calendar is not standardized across all public tertiary institutions.
GRADE OF STUDY
- The SBS, or the MTN Scholarship for Blind Students:
- All blind students enrolled in 200 and 300 level courses at Nigerian public tertiary institutions (universities, polytechnics, and colleges of education) are eligible to apply. Only 300 level students, however, are eligible to apply for the MTN Scholarship when studying law, a 5-year programme, for blind students.
READ ALSO: Visa Requirements for US Citizens
Grade Point Average (CGPA) cumulatively
The STS, offered by MTN, is designed to:
- Minimum cumulative grade point average (CGPA) requirements for STEM students at public universities and colleges of education are 3.0/4 or 3.5/5 (second class higher credit).
- In order to be admitted to the Higher National Diploma (HND) Program, students in Public Polytechnics must have earned an Ordinary National Diploma (OND) with a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.0 (upper credit).
- A public university’s 300 level/3rd year is required for Direct Entry level STEM students who have earned an Ordinary National Diploma (OND) and have a minimum cumulative grade point average (CGPA) of 3.0 (upper credit).
SBS, or the MTN Scholarship for Blind Students:
- Blind students must have a cumulative grade point average (CGPA) of at least 2.5 to be admitted to universities or colleges of education.
- In order to be admitted to the Higher National Diploma (HND) Program, blind students in public polytechnics must have a minimum cumulative grade point average (CGPA) of 2.0 from the Ordinary National Diploma (OND) Program.